Healthy Steps is a free program for all parents of children ages 0 to 3
It is designed to forge a relationship between health care professionals and parents to address the physical, emotional, and intellectual growth and development of small children.
A Healthy Steps health care specialist helps parents navigate developmental stages and possible problems into teachable moments. We get acquainted at the newborn visit or when requested by a clinician. Our goal is to meet at each well child visit.
- Identify strengths and concerns of the child and family
- Enhance parents’ understanding of their child’s development
- Monitor child’s growth and development
- Promote “goodness of fit” between child’s behavior and parental expectations
- Assist in referrals to community resources
- Build a supportive alliance with family
Parents as Teachers at All4Kidz Pediatrics
The program is designed to help parents gain knowledge related to their child’s development and address general parenting questions and concerns.
- Research-based information on how children grow and develop
- Ideas for positive discipline and problem solving, realistic expectations of child behavior and activities to promote language, cognitive, social-emotional and motor development.
- Assists in referrals to community resources
- Assist providers in developmental screening and follow up
The goal is to meet with families at each well child visit and support the relationship between the family and pediatric provider.